Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bringing Sexy Back

I was looking at my past entries and noticed that all my large pictures in recent posts were super pixelated and ugly. This was particularly strange considering that, though they are relatively large for this blog, the original images are more than 5x as big.

After digging around a bit, I found the root of the problem. I'd been linking to the picture that showed up in my photostream on flickr, which I thought was the full size image. As it turns out, those images have actually already been compressed to a size smaller than what I was using for the blog. As a result, when they were expanded for posts, they ended up looking a bit like someone went to town on them with an ugly-stick.

As it turns out, in flickr, when viewing an individual picture, there is an option to view all sizes. From there, if you pick the largest size and link to that your pictures will come out in all their original sexy glory.

Now to celebrate the new found sexiness, a picture from Victoria Beach, which just might have the best sunsets on earth.



You know you want some of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment